We respect and protect the privacy of our users.
We do not automatically collect personal information about you when you visit this online service. You can use this service without telling us who you are or revealing other personal information. If you fill out our feedback form, you do not need to identify yourself or use your real name.
This statement applies to the sible.org website managed by Sible.
Our website uses a range of analytics services which send website traffic data to servers offshore. These services do not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by the company for other purposes. We use reports provided by analytics providers to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage.
MailChimp and privacy consent
Sible will only use this information to:
- create, send and manage emails relating to Sible
- measure email campaign performance
- improve the features for specific segments of customers
- evaluate your use of our website
- compile reports on website activity for website operators, and
- provide other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
MailChimp may transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on MailChimps’s behalf. MailChimp collects information about when you visit the website, when you use the services, your browser type and version, your operating system, and other similar information.
MailChimp is based in the United States of America (USA) and the information collected about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by MailChimp on servers located outside Australia. We are required to inform you that by subscribing to our eNewsletter:
- You understand and acknowledge that this service utilises a MailChimp platform, which is located in the United States of America (USA) and relevant legislation of the USA will apply.
- Australian Privacy Principle 8.1 contained in Schedule 1 of the Privacy Act will not apply.
- You understand and acknowledge that MailChimp is not subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) but will need to seek redress under the laws of the USA.